Saturday, May 5, 2012

Tour du Rouge Countdown - T-1

I had a great day, meeting with another rider, Riis Christensen, that lived very close to me and sharing a ride with him to Houston today! We attended the kickoff dinner where we were able to meet and begin getting to know some of the 52 riders that are going to be sharing the road with us for the next week as well as the organizers and support staff, who are all volunteers with the American Red Cross.At the dinner we learned that as of this morning over $140,000.00 had been raised by the Tour du Rouge event, benefitting the Gulf Coast chapters of the American Red Cross.All that I left to do is repack my gear for tomorrow and get some sleep. Breakfast starts at 6:00, with a gathering for the group photo at 8:00. The ride then will start at 8:30.I am working on learning to upload photos, so bear with me...More tomorrow,Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment