Sunday, April 29, 2012

Tour du Rouge Countdown - T-7

Just 7 days left before the "big ride" for the American Red Cross! I have a little over $800.00 left to raise, but with the help of a few of my friends and fellow riders from the Plano Bicycle Association that should surpass the goal. As much as I would have liked to have ridden more leading up to the last week, I should be ok. The first couple of days will be the hardest if the weather holds true to form. It is always a factor on a ride, as we all know. Last Saturday, we had moderate winds out of the South and Southwest that seemed the be in my face for a good part of the ride. Combine that with a few of the hills that we faced and it can make for a long day. Going into this week, I plan on getting about 4 - 20 to 25 mile rides in just to have some "saddle time" on my new seat. If it doesn't feel better by Wednesday, off it comes and back on with the old one!

No comments:

Post a Comment