Monday, April 30, 2012

Tour du Rouge Countdown - T-6

Just 6 days left before the "big ride" for the American Red Cross! I have a little over $600.00, depending on how the donation matching comes through from my employer, left to raise.  Help has been promised by a few of my friends and fellow riders from the Plano Bicycle Association that should surpass the goal.  I am starting to reach out to distant cousins at this point.  Gotta get over that "hump"!


Got an hour of saddle time this evening with Miss J tagging along. So as expected, progress was less than usual, but had a good time and took the opportunity to go over some riding safety tips and rules of rhe road with her during the ride.


Made a minor adjustment to the saddle on the bike and it rode a little better, which is an approvement as I didn't wear any of my "bibs" or cycling shorts with padding.  I cleaned and lubed both of our chains and took the opportunity to clear away most of the road grime that had accumulated over the last couple of months.


For those of you wishing to make a donation to the Red Cross for my ride, here is the link:
http://american.redcross.org/site/TR/SoutheastTexasTeamRaisers/COGPTXSoutheastTexasRegion-43336?px=9935373&pg=personal&fr_id=1402

Don't be afraid to give!  Only 6 days left until the event, so the time is now!

No comments:

Post a Comment